Thursday, November 13, 2008

How Cold Did You Say It Is????


Thermals!!!! That is your word for the day!!! If you don't have them, do not go outside. It was -16 degrees celsius today. And that was the high for the day!!!
We did venture out twice today though. We went at 2:00pm again to see Alyssa. It was a really good visit. She did not want us to go. Everyday she is getting more and more confortable with us. We found out today that we will be getting to pick her up next Friday instead of Saturday!!! We are very excited at this news!!!
We also ventured outside to get a bite to eat. We just had to walk across the parking lot, but it still felt like we had walked to the North Pole!!!
Walking is not an easy job with nothing but ice to walk on!! Ice is everywhere. I am just waiting for the time that I hit the ground with everyone laughing!!!
Tomorrow is Friday, and we will get to visit Alyssa then, but not on the weekends. We will be doing some heavy duty shopping though!!! Anything to pass the time without Alyssa!!!!
Thanks for stopping!!!
Love, Julie & Wade

3 comments:

Heather Brandt said...

I'm so excited at your news about your gotcha day! I'm praying that everything will go smoothly during the 10 day wait.

God bless,

heather
www.russianblessings.wordpress.com

Jana said...

Congratulations on your precious little girl. Brack & I got back this summer with our new little one. You are so brave to travel so far from Moscow and in the snow, too!!! I can't wait to meet you. I've followed your journey through a mutual friend. Hope all goes well with passports, etc. for the rest of your journey. I'll keep you in my prayers.
Jana Terry

Veronica said...

Had to get my daily fix of where in the world are Wade, Julie and Alyssa! What a gem she is. Thanks for being so diligent to keep us updated - sounds like not much else to do when away from her. Bring us some snow : )