Tuesday, December 30, 2008

When Dreams Come True....




If you would have told me that the love that you feel for a child could be this strong, I would not have believed it!!! When Wade and I dreamed of starting a family and we found out that us giving birth to our own child may not be possible, never in my wildest dreams would I have thought that our lives could be this happy!!! When the Lord brought it upon our hearts to adopt a child from Russia we were bursting with excitement and joy. All of the paperwork and waiting I believe just made this experience all that more worth it!!! I am sitting here blogging after not having blogged for a couple of weeks. Sorry about not keeping up with it, but spending time with Alyssa has been such a joy!!! We had the most wonderful Christmas that I think that we have ever had in our family!!! Also Wade and I had our 13 year anniversary yesterday!!!! When I married him I was so in love, but as time as passed by I have fell more and more in love with him everyday!!!! He is such an amazing father to Alyssa. Her eyes light up when ever she sees her papa!!! I am sitting here in tears as I am filled with such emotion about our little girl. She is taking her nap this afternoon, and Wade is at work. Yesterday morning when Alyssa got up she decided like many mornings to have me hold her and rock her on the recliner. Well, she fell back to sleep and that is where my happy tears come from. Thinking back about that very first day that we met her, she fell asleep in my arms and the joy that overwhelmed me happened again. I watched her little face as she slept in my arms. I rocked her and rocked her for almost an hour. I watched her as she was dreaming. She would get this great big smile and then move her hands and eyes. It was the most precious thing I have ever seen. I think that I could have watched her all day!!! The Lord has just filled my heart so full with love and joy for Alyssa. To watch her learn and grow everyday has been just amazing. I do not see how our lives could be any more blessed than they are. The Lord continues to amaze me with such a happy life that sometimes I think that I am not so deserving of such things. How much love and joy can fill ones heart??? I just hope that this dream that we dreamed for so long continues to amaze me and fill my heart with such love. This child that needed a home in a far away land is now here in our home, filling our lives and hearts with love. Alyssa is such an amazing little girl!!! She loves to laugh and play, and she is starting to learn new english words everyday. On the 1 month anniversary of us picking her up at the baby home (Dec. 21)
we were riding in Wade's truck. It really overwhelmed me to think about our whole story!!! We were riding along listening to Alababma on the radio, Alyssa was dancing in her car seat on our way in to town. I told Wade "Just think..... 1 month ago today this child was in a baby home in Siberia Russia on the other side of the world.... now today she is here in your pickup truck, riding along enjoying listening to Alabama in East Tennessee." It really brings things in to perspective!!! For the children that continue to wait for a forever family, we pray today that the LORD keeps them healthy and happy until their turn comes. Although we know that not every child will get a home, we pray that many, many more people will step up and help this world's orphans!!! There are so many of them not only in Russia, but also here in the United States. If any of you have a chance to help an orphaned child, please do not hestitate!!! It is the most rewarding experience that you could ever have in your whole life!!!!
Thanks for stopping...... I will keep you updated.... I Promise!!!
Love, Julie

1 comment:

Heather Brandt said...

I love the new photos and enjoyed reading your update!

Glad to hear your Christmas was good!

heather